We’re excited to announce another round of early access Public Testing. Public Testing grants players a limited preview of Content Update contents and changes, and allows us to test out matchmaking and server stability before the official patch release.
The Public Test will be live on November 15 from 1:00pm ET to 8:00pm ET.
In this public test you’ll get a first look at the new Team Objective map, The Assault on Thayic Stronghold. You will also get to play with Chivary 2’s latest new weapon – the Quarterstaff.
Full patch notes will be available for the official release of 2.7, but read on below for the test specific patch notes.
The test will be on the Epic Game Store only and will be available to all existing Chivalry 2 retail players on EGS. The Public Testing application will appear in your game library without you having to do anything other than download it. Unfortunately at this time we’re not able to support the Public Testing on consoles or Steam.
A small note: in order for us to extensively test matchmaking during this test, the server browser will be turned off for the length of the test on the Chivalry 2 – Public Testing app.
We look forward to seeing you on November 15th!
Please send us your feedback regarding your experiences with the new content, and matchmaking stability, in our Public Testing channel (#public-test) in our official Discord: discord.gg/chivalry2
Also: Join us November 15 at 2:00pm ET, for a developer livestream where we’ll be playing the public test live. Come play with us and watch us on our Twitch channel: twitch.tv/TornBanner
Be sure to give our account a follow and turn on notifications so that you get alerted every time we go live. We look forward to seeing you there!
2.7 Public Test Patch Notes
New Map – The Assault on Thayic Stronghold
Mason forces land on the shores of the Agathian heartland and assault Argon II’s final stronghold. The new Stronghold map is playable in the limited time: Winter War queue.
The Masons have cornered the Agathians in their northern stronghold. In the wretched cold, the Mason Order actions on the one command from the grizzled King himself: kill the self-proclaimed leader of Agatha and be rid of the rebellion once and for all. The Agathian Knights, however, have never been more unified than before. Under the banners of the Cross and Lion, the blue and gold shine as bright as King Argon the Second’s armour. Like the harsh wind of the land, Argon II shouts, “Fight for Agatha!”
In this map, Masons are tasked to siege Thayic Stronghold and kill Argon II. However, this will not be easy. The shoreline is heavily defended with artillery and the Masons must break through the walls, lowering the main fort’s drawbridge, and capture the courtyard right in front of Argon’s doorstep.
As the Mason Order, attackers must complete the following objectives:
- Objective 1- Blow up the shoreline defense towers
- Objective 2 – Breach the stronghold’s bell tower
- Objective 3 – Destroy the stronghold’s banners
- Objective 4 – Lower the drawbridge
- Objective 5 – Capture the courtyard
- Objective 6 – Kill Argon II
As the Agathian Knights, defenders must stop the Masons from completing each of these objectives. However, should they reach the sixth objective, the top scoring player will become the VIP and lead the charge to turn the tide of battle.
Some objectives will feature horse spawns and horses can be found within the map itself.
New VIP – King Argon II
The top player is crowned and must lead their team to victory! As King Argon II, the top scoring player must raise two banners and reclaim the lost ground. The other players on Agatha must defend the VIP at all cost, as only the VIP can raise the banners for an early victory. Follow your proclaimed leader to victory (or defeat if they are proven to be lacking in such qualities).
There are multiple pathways in this map. Attackers and defenders must be aware and choose wisely!
Reimagined for Chivalry 2, the original Chivalry’s Quarterstaff makes a return! Designed for the Crusader class, this weapon has quick short ranged slash attacks and slow mid-long ranged stabs and overheads. In addition, it has a unique special attack that can cleave through opponents and is more efficient at blocking, reducing stamina consumption on block. It will take a little more effort to disarm the person wielding it in comparison to other weapons!
Weapons and Carryables
- Adjusted overall size of the weapon to be shorter
Feedback from the community described the Highland Sword size as fairly excessive. We have tuned the size of the sword itself, but overall we expect that it is still a powerful weapon in the sandbox to use.
- Javelins no longer interrupt an opponent’s attack when thrown
We have noted a lot of recent discussion regarding the Javelins and how they can feel to fight against. We have made a change to resolve 2 issues: One where the Javelin feels very oppressive with its interrupt to regular players. Two, VIPs no longer have the issue of getting interrupted by it.
- Fixed an issue where offhand items could not be equipped after switching weapons
- Fixed an issue where sprint attack would not do damage during Footman’s sprint charge
- Fixed an issue where the special attack’s second hit would be unblockable after blocking the first hit
- Fixed an issue where the weapon tracers were less accurate during a few attacks
- Increased slash attack damage values by 5
- Slash: 40 → 45
- Heavy Slash: 55 → 60
- Fixed an issue where Poleaxe wasn’t applying the reduced stamina loss on block (stamina is now reduced 20% less on block)
Poleaxe as a cult favourite had requests to make it a little bit more popular. We have slightly increased the appeal of the weapon as a contender in the sandbox.
- Fixed an issue where Heavy Mace wasn’t applying the reduced stamina loss on block ( stamina is now reduced 20% less on block)
- Frozen Fish
- Leg of Meat
- Taxidermy Rabbit
- Taxidermy Deer
- Taxidermy Bear
New Interactable Objects:
- Rope Ladders (featured in Stronghold)
- Breakable Ice (featured in Stronghold)
- Fixed an issue where jab would have range inconsistencies while looking up or down
- Increased jab timeout when inputted out of a deflected state (such as when being countered)
Hit regulation on jabs was noted to be inconsistent, especially when jabbing someone who is crouched when it feels like it should have hit. We did a review of the jab tracers and made an adjustment so that the range of the jab should be a lot more consistent whether you’re pitched up, neutral, or down.
- Fixed an issue where placed spike traps and bear traps would not damage the horse
- Fixed an issue where certain environmental spike traps would damage horses when destroyed
- Fixed an issue where a player’s shield would not be auto equipped when their lance breaks
- Fixed an issue where bandages would not be supplied from ammo boxes while on horseback
- Fixed an issue where killing a horse with a lance would guarantee a hit on the rider
- Fixed an issue where colliding with another rider would result in a slowed movement state
- Fixed an issue where the horse would appear sliding to others while battlecrying
- Fixed an issue where the texture would become misaligned when knocked down in FFA
- Fixed an exploit where players could place unlimited pavises while jumping from a higher level
- Fixed an issue where the pavise would displace character movement after being kicked
- Fixed an issue where throwing and ranged weapons would not deal damage if thrown right after the thrower’s death
- Fixed an issue where throwing weapons would not refill from ammo barrels
- Flaming chicken no longer sets teammates on fire and cause team damage when jabbing
- Further fixes to prevent players being able to turn into a sprint attack from 180 degrees
- Fixed an issue where dismounting horses and siege weapons would change your game perspective (first person to third person, vice versa)
- Fixed an exploit where players could launch themselves at incredible speeds with the one handed spear and javelin special attack. Pogo sticks haven’t been invented yet!
- Fixed an issue where attacks could combo into a slash after hitting a teammate
- Fixed an issue where thwacking weapons would not combo after inputting another attack on hit
- Fixed an issue where the player could Forgive themselves when being pushed into an environmental kill zone. We do however continue to encourage self-forgiveness in general
Performance and Crash Fixes
- Fixed an issue where Resolution settings would not save
- Fixed a server crash that would occur when suiciding on horseback
- Fixed an issue where ragdolls would sometimes fall through the map after playing a death by a projectile animation
- Fixed an issue where the player would be stuck in the falling animation state after throwing their weapon while jumping and crouching
- Fixed an issue where crossbow would have inconsistent animations while on horseback
- Fixed an issue where no sound would play when headbutting with Katars
- Adjusted the distance when interactable objects would be highlighted while directly looking at them
- Fixed an issue where the Heavy Attack input bar would linger after being interrupted by an attack
- Riposte and Counter text now remain on screen only for the duration of the active parry window
- Fixed an issue where accepting a cavalry wave would result in UI still appearing in regards to filled slots
- Fixed an issue where ammo crates would not have any UI when player is riding on a horse
We’ve made an adjustment to how long “Counter Success” and “Riposte” text remains on screen to clear up confusions of how long active parry lasts. We hope this will make it more clear what is a valid hit vs not.
- Fixed an issue where the Join Game button on the social screen would not bring the user to a friend’s game (For Standalone Servers)
- Further improvements made to prevent VIPs from being votekicked
2.7 Public Test Known Issues
- Entering into a game later after Stage 2 will show the bell tower in the non-destroyed state
- The bell tower bell will continue floating after Stage 2 is completed
- Quarterstaff Incorrect rank up text is shown mid match