Feb 26 update: The technical issues with Xbox users being unable to login to the Chivalry 2 Alpha has been resolved! Existing Xbox Insider users can login and play the the alpha immediately. However if you have not yet signed up and/or not downloaded the game via Xbox Insiders and do so now, it may take up to three hours to be able to login in successfully as the registration database does not update immediately. Please note: if you experience a “Missing String Table Error”, please restart your console.
We are also happy to announce that we are extending this Crossplay Alpha into the weekend, until Sunday (Feb 28) at 2PM PST/5PM EST. We are sending out 6k more Epic Games Store keys to our PC players, so be sure to keep an eye on your inbox to see if you’ve been sent a key.
The Chivalry 2 Alpha will be available to Xbox Insiders on Xbox One and Xbox Series S|X (via backwards compatibility) starting Tuesday, February 23 at 10 a.m. PST (6 PM GMT). Early sign-up is available now in the Xbox Insider app. Limited space is available and offered first-come first-served.
Chivalry 2 is a multiplayer first person slasher inspired by epic medieval movie battles. Players are thrust into the action of every iconic moment of the era – from clashing swords, to storms of flaming arrows, to sprawling castle sieges and more.
This time-limited test is referred to as Alpha Round 11, during which Xbox One players can join PC players using Cross-Play! In addition to the Xbox One, the Chivalry 2 Alpha is available on Xbox Series X|S consoles via backwards compatibility but does not contain any Xbox Series X|S enhancements at this time.
This Alpha Round includes two epic Team Objective mode maps (Dark Forest and Rudhelm), where attackers push through a sprawling battle towards a thrilling climax – and defenders try to stop them! Plus, sharpen your skills in competitive Team Deathmatch maps Wardenglade and Tournament Grounds.
Character Customization is available for the first time to all Alpha Testers. New controller layout and aim assist improvements for your Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S controller gives players a superior medieval combat experience.
Note: this round of testing will focus on the Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S (via backwards compatibility only) and PC, available to North American and European players. This round is also limited to 48 players maximum per matchmaking server – however, the game at launch will feature 64 players. There will be future tests involving other platforms as well. As Chivalry 2 is a fully cross-play title, it’s important to stage each phase of testing accordingly. PC players can apply separately at chivalry2.com/alpha.
Alpha Round 11 Schedule
- Starts: Tuesday, February 23, 10 a.m. (PST)
- Ends: Friday, February 26, 10 a.m. (PST)
Download it once: You can update the existing client for any applicable future Alpha Tests and then launch without having to redownload the game.
Remember: By joining this playtest you are agreeing to the Xbox Insider Terms of Service including a non-sharing agreement. For the Chivalry 2 Alpha we require that all players follow those instructions:
- Do not take photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game
- Do not share or post photos, videos, or audio recordings of the Game online or offline on any platform, social media or website
- Do not describe any part of the Game online or offline on any platform, social media or website unless we’ve instructed you to
- Do not allow others to watch you play the Game
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
Early sign-up is available now! Follow these steps to register:
- On your Xbox One or Xbox Series X|S console, sign-in and launch the Xbox Insider Hub app (or install the Xbox Insider Hub from the Store first if needed). NOTE: The Chivalry 2 Alpha is available on Xbox Series X|S via backwards compatibility, but does not contain any Xbox Series X|S enhancements at this time.
- Navigate to Insider content > Games > Chivalry 2 Alpha.
- Select Join.
- Wait for the registration to complete.
- On Tuesday, February 23 at 10 a.m. PST, return to the Chivalry 2 – Alpha in the Xbox Insider Hub and select “Show in store” to install the game.
If you encounter any issues, please submit feedback via Report a problem (hold down the Xbox button on your controller and select Report a problem from the power menu). Please submit feedback under Category > Games and Subcategory > Chivalry 2 Alpha.
For more information regarding the Xbox Insider Program follow us on Twitter and join the community subreddit for support and updates.
For more information about Chivalry 2 visit the game’s official website at chivalry2.com.
You can also follow these official Chivalry 2 accounts for sneak peeks and details: